Saturday, December 22, 2012

The funny guy always gets the girl.

Dear Brock, 

I know that you think you are right, and that the funny guy never gets the girl. 

And although you have some good reasons to why you think that. You are WRONG, so let me enlighten you. 

-A
 
Every year, since I was probably 11 or 12, I would write a list of qualities that I wanted my Knight and shining armor to have, and through all my years of growing and maturing - my first two qualities have never changed. 

#1 RM, strong testimony, good person, close to the Lord.
#2. He has to have a GOOD sense of humor.

Now let me explain why...

My dad and my uncles are probably the funniest people I know.

They aren't the typical potato chip eating/ football watching bums. They are entertainers, and make the best jokes, dances and rhymes that I've ever seen or heard. 
They can make a boring reunion filled with laughter and jokes.  
And because of them, I have never forgotten why humor is such an important quality to me. 
I will never forget being at church and being able to hear my dads laughter from the opposite side of the building, and thinking " I hope I marry someone who is as fun as my dad." 

  
You know, I have come to realize, that although you may look like Thor, or have a body like Ryan Gosling or the talent like Michael Buble, if you aren't funny- then I don't want to date you. End of story. 

My thought is, Eventually, we are all gonna get old, and wrinkly and okay... somewhat ugly... 
But, personality and the ability to laugh will never die.

I'm pretty dang sure, that I can speak on the behalf of all my girlfriends when I say that Sexy=funny. 

Because their is nothing that is more sexy to me than the boy who can make me laugh till I have an 6 pack, or  the boy who will cross dress and make music videos with me, or who will do silly pranks with me till 1 am.  

So Brock, in my case you are completely and utterly wrong. Because, I will always date the funny guy over the ridiculously good-looking one. I can't speak for all girls, but for me and my friends- the funny one will always win. 

P.S Funny doesn't mean rude, crude, disgusting or condescending. None of those things are hilarious;  period. So if you think you're being funny by using any of those tactics- then think again. 

Until later. XOXO -A

No comments:

Post a Comment